What is eVisa to India and what are the procedures for application?
A lot if not all nations all over the world need a person to have a visa in order to enter them at their international port of entry. India is one of those nations that need all of foreign nationals to a valid visa granted by an Indian visa issuing authority such as an Indian Mission abroad.
Visitors planning to visit India for several reasons would need to go to their local or nearest Indian High Commission and adhere to the visa process in order to obtain their visa before traveling.
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) changes how visas to India are granted
In 2014 ETA India went live with a whole new online system. This system allowed visitors that wished to go to India for either tourism, medical or business to make an application for a visa online. This new online visa issuing system was at first only accessible to 40 eligible countries.
Places which were not listed as qualified still needed to go over the conventional application process by checking out their local Indian Embassy. Or submitting an application via different Visa issuing authorities in their country which could be quite a lengthy procedure.
In April of 2015 the online visa for India was renamed to the e-Tourist Visa and in August that year, another 113 nations were added to the online visa qualification list for entry into India.
Nearly exactly two years after the scheme became the e-Tourist Visa it was once again renamed to the Indian e-Visa or simply e-Visa.
What countries qualify for an Indian e-Visa
There is a list of 136 countries that are permitted to make an application including countries such as Canada, America, United Kingdome, All European Union Citizens, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland and much more.
To find out more on these, it is best to look at the Indian Website for the “eta India apply” section. The complete list of all qualified countries for this visa are available there along with nations that may not need one.
How to find the Indian e-Visa
1. Submit an application online on the “Indian Visa Online” online site
Always only make an application over the internet on the Indian Government site. Don’t be deceived by Fast Visa techniques.
The Website is really user-friendly and lays out the directions step by step.
They also have a hotline to contact or an e-mail enquire address for any inquiries, issues, information or for help with anything you aren’t really sure of. Use this facility as it could save someone lots of unnecessary issues and also visa delays.
2. Cautiously Read:
a. All the e-Visa supporting site which shows lots of helpful information concerning the security of your personal data.
b. Verify that your nation is eligible to make an application for the e-Visa facility. All of places are clearly shown on this site.
c. Make certain that you’ve got a passport that is still valid for at least 6 months and has at least two blank pages available in it.
d. Ensure you fulfill all the prerequisites before beginning to submit an application for the Visa.
e. Decide on the type of e-Visa because there are 5 sub-categories
i. e-Tourist Visa – for visitor who is visiting to sightsee or pay a visit to family, close friends, etc.
ii. e-Business Visa – if you plan to enter India for business reasons for your company, etc.
iii. e-Medical Visa – in case you are entering India to receive any medical treatment
iv. e-Medical Attendant Visa – for anyone accompanying a person with an e-Medical Visa. There can only be two medical attendants accompanying one patient entering India on an e-Medical visa.
v. e-Conference Visa
f. Make sure that the entry port you intend to arrive at is a designated port of entry that will accept e-Visa. There are 27 Airport terminals as well as 5 seaports that support the e-Visa system in India. The website shows every one of them evidently.
3. Just before you start filling in the application form make sure you possess the following:
- a. A very clear color photo of your own face having a white-colored backdrop that must be ID size
- b. A clear color copy of your Passport which has all your details and picture on it.
- c. If you’re in a yellow fever place, be sure you get your Yellow fever vaccination card ready in case you are asked for it. You should scan a duplicate onto your Computer.
- d. Make sure you’ve got a valid method of payment to pay for the visa. All MasterCard and VISA debit and credit cards are authorized on the spot. Be sure that your card is able to make internet payments in order not to delay the processor to need to begin once again.
4. Documents Needed for e-Visa:
- a. Scanned Bio Page of the passport that shows your private information as well as photo
- b. All records and documents should be in PDF format.
- c. Digital photo in JPEG format that is.
- d. If traveling for a medical purpose you will need to have a scanned copy of a letter from the healthcare facility in India the patient will be handling. The medical attendants will have to produce the similar paperwork
- e. e-Visa business tourists will have to produce a copy of a company letter or business card
i. a minimum of 10 KB and also a maximum of 1 MB in size.
ii. The picture must be exactly the same width and height.
iii. It must show your face, eyes (no eyeglasses). You have to be able to see your full head from the tip of your hair to below your chin.
iv. Should have a white backdrop without shadows or blurs or borders around the photo.
5. After you have everything simply stick to the steps on the screen
- a. Fill out an application on the internet and publish all the supporting records and documents
- b. Pay the visa payment
- c. You’ll be mailed verification of receipt and once approved you will receive the e-Visa Online in your email. You will have to print this out and take it together with you on your own travels to India.
- d. Once you get to India you need to have all your biometric data taken and you will be given a visa stamped into your passport.
- e. Remember you need to have a return ticket or a ticket to your future holiday getaway with you.
Source: eta India apply